Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Scary Sight

    A wall scary you ask? How can this be so? Though this may look like an ordinary wall to you,  I see  an entirely different picture. Take a good look at this wall and you will notice one thing- it is completely empty. That is where the terror lies! Let me explain.
    For a couple years now, I have been playing with the idea of  making a historical timeline as we study history. How to create this, nonetheless, has eluded me. It seems simple enough, but for some reason I have put it off time and time again.  This year I have decided I will be paralyzed by fear no more! The first step was deciding what type of timeline we would make. I looked at countless websites before I finally made my decision. Would it be on the computer, in a notebook, contained in a scroll? No, my friend, none of those will suffice. Confirming my family's suspicions that I am homeschool crazy, we will take up yet another wall in our humble little home with our adventures in learning.  I will have it no other way.
    Now, deciding how to perform this is where the anxiety stems from. I have the supplies, the timeline clipart and even an awesome history curriculum to go by and yet they are all sitting in a little pile sad and untouched. Today, however, is a new day! A day that I will conquer this empty wall and our dreams of what history can be with the aid of a timeline will come to fruition.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome idea! I'm the same way sometimes.It is said that perfectionism breeds procrastination. Just go for it! It'll be beautiful nevertheless and you can always repaint! It'll make a great conversation piece. I can picture it too: Starting point: DAY ONE: CREATION!! lol! love it! I homeschool too (7th and 5th grade) and I sure need some encouragement..my 7th grader doesn't want to anymore. I wonder if that's a stage they go through at that age? She loves soccer though, so this year I will involve her in that more so she can stay encouraged :-)
    another homeschooling mama,

    Keila

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! you crochet too? I literally have my crochet bag with me in the office as I type..it so helps me decompress! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Keila! I know the Lord will bless the efforts we have made :) I'll be praying for your daughter-that the Lord will encourage her heart and reveal to her how blessed she is to be homeschooled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Lena!That means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete